Personal information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as your name, address, contact information, occupation, employment details, and, in some cases, IP address or mobile device identifier.
We may also collect sensitive information, such as health related information, racial or ethnic origin, political or religious beliefs, or membership of a professional or trade association/union. Merz will only collect any such sensitive information when it has obtained your consent to do so, or where required or permitted by law. In providing your consent, you consent to Merz collecting, transferring, disclosing, storing and processing the information in accordance with this policy and the terms of any consent you provide. To protect your privacy, you should not provide us with any information that is not specifically requested.
Merz also automatically collects technical information when you visit our websites such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, internet browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your visit. Gathering this information helps protect the security of our websites and helps us understand aggregate statistical information regarding how our website is used.
Merz website may use Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google Inc., (“Google”). Google Analytics uses cookie text files to analyze how our websites are used. Google uses the information stored on these cookies to compile reports on website activities and to provide further services related to the use of the website. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if required to do so by law or if third parties process this information on behalf of Google.
You can object to information collection and storage by Google Analytics at any time by downloading and installing a browser deactivation add-on. This prevents Google Analytics from storing and processing information about your website visits.
If you complete a contact form asking for us to send you information about Merz products, for any query(ies), or for the purposes as consented by you, we will store the information you send us about yourself. We will only use this personal information for the purposes you indicate on the web contact form.
Some Merz websites or services may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company, distributor or other business partner. If you use such websites or services, both Merz and partner may receive personal information collected via that co-branded website or service.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Other Uses of Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, Merz uses your personal information to provide you products and services and to personalize our offerings to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions. To do this, we combine personal and non-personal information, collected online and offline, including information from third party sources. Merz’s use of your personal information may include:
- Fulfill Requests: To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
- Understand Customer Behavior: To better understand customer behavior so that we may improve our marketing and advertising efforts and to improve the distribution of our products and services;
- Personalize Offerings: To help us personalize our service offerings, websites, mobile services, and advertising;
- Protection: To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services, and our business;
- Legal: To comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements;
- Responding to Customer: To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide us; and
- Employment Applications: In connection with a job application or inquiry, you may provide us with information about yourself, including your educational background or and other information, including your ethnicity where required or permitted by law. We may use this information throughout Merz, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its joint ventures for the purpose of employment consideration.
Security is important to Merz. Merz uses technical and physical safeguards to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorized disclosure. We may use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology or such other encryption technology to keep all your information secure. Nevertheless, such security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of personal information and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where required under law, we will notify you of any such loss, misuse or alteration of personal information that may affect you so that you can take the appropriate actions for the due protection of your rights. Merz also reviews its security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods.
Information Retention and Storage
For Merz’s business partner(s), Merz retains your information for business purposes, for as long as your account is active, or as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with our products and services. For any party other than Merz’s business partner(s), Merz retains your information if you have contacted Merz on any query(ies), or for the purposes as consented by you, for as long as reasonably necessary for the said purposes. Merz will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Collection of Information from Children
Merz recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy and safety of children. Our website and services are primarily directed towards the general audience and are not directed towards children. We do not knowingly collect information about children under the age of 18 (or the age of “child” as defined in the local legislation) however in the event where we may collect information, we will make sure parental consent is achieved beforehand. A parent or guardian of a child may contact the Privacy Officer at email@example.com to request that we delete such information.
International Transfer of Personal Information
In addition, Merz may share your information within our family of companies for a variety of purposes, for example to provide you with the latest information about our products and services and offer you our latest promotions. This may involve the transfer of personal information to other locations outside your home country to other Merz companies in different locations around the world (including Germany, United States, Switzerland, Singapore, Australia, Taiwan, South Korea, China, Malaysia, India, Philippines, Thailand, Hong Kong, Vietnam and Indonesia). Merz complies with all national information transfer laws.
Access to your information and complaints
If you wish to access your personal information, correct the information we hold about you or complain about how your personal information has been handled, you can contact us by sending an email to the Privacy Officer(s) at the following email addresses:-
Contact Details of Privacy Officer(s) in Asia Pacific
Australia3 and New Zealand4
China, Hong Kong and Taiwan Region
Hong Kong: firstname.lastname@example.org
All other APAC locations not listed herein
We will endeavour to respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner.
Rights of European Union Residents
Merz complies with the European Union General Information Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). The GDPR requires that Merz take particular measures to protect the personal information of E.U. residents. If there is any conflict between the policies in this policy and GDPR, the GDPR principles shall govern.
Under the GDPR, as applicable, you have the right to request a copy of your personal information stored at Merz or at Merz’ contractors (Article 15 GDPR). We kindly ask you to send such requests in written form stating your name, address and phone number, so that we can confirm your identity. You also have the right to request corrections (Article 16 GDPR) or deletion (Article 17 GDPR) of your personal information stored at Merz. You may contact the Information Protection Officer of Merz under:
Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH
Eckenheimer Landstrasse 100
60318 Frankfurt am Main
If a European Union resident is dissatisfied with the handling of your personal information by Merz, you have the right to object to processing of your personal information at any time (Article 21 GDPR). You may send your concern about the processing of your personal information to the Information Protection Officer of Merz under the address or e-mail address given above. We kindly ask you to send such concerns (or objection) in written form stating your name, address and phone number, so that we can confirm your identity.
Merz contact information
Merz General Data Protection Information Notice
For information about how Merz handles personal data, please see Merz General Data Protection Information Notice at www.merz.com/fin.
1. The term “Personal Information” (or “Personal Data”, as the case may be) has the meaning as defined in the local privacy or data protection legislation of the country where you reside.
2. For residents in other APAC countries, you may contact our local privacy officer(s) at the email addresses as listed under the heading “Access to your information and complaints”
3. For residents in Australia, please note that there are some exceptions to your right to gain access to your information as provided under the Australian Privacy Principles Guidelines, including but not limited to: providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals; or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or providing access would be unlawful. If you do not receive a response to your request in a reasonable time frame or are otherwise unhappy with our handling of your request, you may lodge a complaint with The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Details of how to make a complaint can be found at www.oaic.gov.au
4. For residents in New Zealand, please note that under the Privacy Act 1993, if you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner. Details of how to make a complaint can be found at https://www.privacy.org.nz